Old School Christian

learning the Christ-life from the ancients

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas

21 October 2005

Learning from the Ancients

On this blog, my aim will be to post a short essay on the Christian life that draws upon ancient Christianity. What do I mean by "ancient Christianity?" My effort will be to learn from Christians in the first several centuries of the Church--say, through the 400s. While I will endeavor to read original works, I may rely on other figures throughout the history of the Church who took these foundational Christians seriously--Wesley, Luther, Calvin, and others.

If I am to listen well to the ancient Christians, I will not be able to post often. But I will point to posts on this blog from my "Guy's Mental Wanderings" blog.

I desire to drink deeply from the well of Christian Tradition, to learn from those that have gone before, and I invite you to walk with me on the journey.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

wow...neat idea to find an outlet for your writing. you are a great writer, too. This will be fun & insightful to read!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home